Course: Leading in the Era of Healthcare Reform
Estimated time to complete the course – 3.25 hours
- Download the TechSmith Smart Player App for iPhones and iPads
- The video presentation is divided into 20 – 30 minute segments to enhance the learning experience. It can be viewed on any smart device an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
After participating in this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Define risk shifting changes of reimbursement.
- Identify new payment models.
- Explain the changes in the market of health services.
- Integrate the “Triple Aim” into new strategies for healthcare delivery.
- Describe new rules of gainsharing between providers and hospitals.
- Discuss the All-Payer Model for hospital payments.
- Identify the role of HSCRC in hospital reimbursement.
- Describe the Annual Wellness Visit code.
- Introduce the CRISP conduit for health information..
- Explain the Prescription Drug Monitor Program.
- Describe how to use the Chronic Care Management code.
- Describe the advantages of participating in the Query Portal.
- Discuss Encounter Notification Service.
- Describe the Transition Care Management code.
- Discuss Medicare’s Shared Saving Program .
- Define the structure of an ACO.
- Explain MedChi’s role in Maryland’s ACO formation.
- Discuss Maryland’s government organizational structure.
- Describe insurers involvement in Patient Centered Medical Homes.
- Discuss physician relationship with the Maryland legislature.