The Maryland Skin Cancer Prevention Program is committed to providing educational resources and activities for teachers, parents and childcare providers.
Teachers! Have your students enter the 2011 SunGuard Your Skin Poster Contest! Deadline is April 11, 2011. Visit www.sunguardman.org/teacher-resources to download the SunGuard Your Skin powerpoint and lesson plan.
Click here for Poster Contest flyer with rules. This year please choose the 3 best posters from each class to enter into the contest.
Click here for Judges’ Tips
Click here for Entry Form
- Did you know? Maryland students are allowed by state law to use the sunscreen they bring to school.
- The SunGuard Man Online website at www.sunguardman.org provides skin cancer prevention information for children and adults in an entertaining manner.
- The SunGuard Your Skin elementary/middle school curriculum is available free on the Teacher’s Site at SunGuard Man Online. This valuable resource for educators is offered in one lesson (powerpoint) and two-lesson versions and comes complete with Teacher’s Guide, Parent Letter, Pre/Post-Test, and Overhead Transparency Masters. The Teachers Site also offers educational flyers and links to other skin cancer program and informational sites.
- See photos of past winning entries of the SunGuard Your Skin Poster Contest in the SunGuard Man Photo Album.
- High School Teachers! Teach Ban the Burn to your students and encourage sun safe behaviors. Download the new tanning bed poster to display. The tanning bed law went into effect October 1, 2008 and requires all minors to have in-person written parental consent before using a commercial tanning facility.
- The SunSafe Preschool Curriculum is offered through a training program for childcare providers. If you are a childcare provider or nursery school teacher and would like information about trainings in your area, contact Roberta Herbst at 410-539-0872 or 800-492-1056, ext. 3340, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.