The Center for a Healthy Maryland, Inc. (formerly MedChi Foundation, Inc.) was established in 1976 as an affiliate of MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society to promote and support MedChi’s charitable, public health and educational activities. These activities help fulfill the medical society’s mission to serve as the state’s foremost advocate for physicians, their patients, and the public health. The Center administers the medical society’s public health and physician quality programs. The Center has funded a variety of activities over the last few years. These include the Live and Then Give organ donation program, essay contests on domestic violence, continuing medical education programs at MedChi’s annual convention, and conferences on substance abuse and performing arts medicine. Donations to support the good works f the Center are gratefully accepted. The MedChi Center for a Healthy Maryland is a 501c(3) organization and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. The majority of program activities are primarily funded by grants and contracts. Current and past sources of support include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Baltimore City Health Department, Governor’s Office for Children, Youth and Families, March of Dimes, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and Open Society Institute-Baltimore.
FOCUS FOR ACTIVITIES
Health Promotion — directed at the public to improve health status.
Quality Improvement — directed at physicians and other providers in the medical and social services sectors to improve their ability to serve patients/clients.
2020 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
UPDATE: As of March 12th, our policy is to cancel/postpone/reformat all meetings and events until further notice considering the Coronavirus Pandemic,
The Annual History of Maryland Medicine Hunt Lecture has been postponed in light of the Governor’s Executive Order to self-quarantine.
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 – Adminitative Professionals Appreciation Day!
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 – CFHM Finance Committee Meeting
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – CFHM Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 – CFHM Finance Committee Meeting
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020 – CFHM Board of Trustees Meeting
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 – Annual Thomas E. Allen, M.D. Ethics Lectures (subject to change)
- Friday, October 16, 2020 – Boss’s Appreciation Day!
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 – The Doo Wop Project
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020 – CFHM Finance Committee Meeting
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 – CFHM Board of Trustees Meeting
All meetings are subject to change per the Center for a Healthy Maryland’s discretion.