The Maryland Physician Leadership Institute is pleased to introduce the Business of Medicine “Pocket MBA” Certificate Program, formerly the Certificate Program in Physician Leadership. The Center for a Healthy Maryland’s Leadership Institute has joined with MedEdStat, HealthcareEducation Online program to deliver a unique opportunity of a 100% business skill program using the latest “virtual classroom” IT available to Maryland’s healthcare practitioners. The goal of this program is to provide physicians with practical leadership skills and tools applicable to any practice environment. Physicians participate by enrolling in a highly interactive “virtual classroom” that allows contact, discussions, and feedback with other participating physicians.
The program is monitored by instructors/mentors who will maintain consistent contact with each student to discuss what is being learned and to ensure educational success.
The best time to get started is NOW!
CME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society. MedChi is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Designation Statement:
MedChi designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. In order to receive all 16 CME credits, a participant must complete the entire course and all required exams and work.
- David Joyce, M.D., MBA: Instructor and founder of MedEdStat, Healthcare Education Online
What To Expect
- Chronological scoring of your leadership style
- Leadership characteristics
- Leadership activities
- Managing employees
- Employee and patient engagement
- Leading teams and team dynamics
- Running successful meetings
- Strategic planning
- Competitive analysis
- Business planning
- Healthcare Reimbursement
- Defining physician work
- RVU breakdown
- Compensation bench-marking
- Medicare compensation conversion rates
- Contract fluency
- Financial literacy
- Reading financial statements
- Financial statement analysis
- Healthcare accounting
- Healthcare budget formation
- Budget variance analysis – under/over
- Financial strategic decision making
- History of data-driven improvement
- Improvement applied to healthcare
- Root cause analysis
- Data collection and analysis
- Graphs and diagrams
- The clinical Practice Improvement method
- Short cycle improvement (PDSA) method
- Calculating the return on improvement investments
- Learning to sustain improvement over time
- Capital management
- Return on investment calculation
- Time value of money
- Finding capital
- Cost of capital
- Evaluate a new practice opportunity
- Negotiation basics
- Advanced negotiation – before, during, and after
- What needs to happen in your first year to be happy long term
- Build a BATNA as a negotiation strategy
- Mentoring program – Why, What, How, Value
NEW COVID-19 COURSES ADDED:
Other Online Educational Programs
- Physician Wellness series coming soon!
For instructional assistance, program content, navigation, and/or technical issues email firstname.lastname@example.org.